If you’re trying to save space or often feel overwhelmed with too many choices, it might be time to simplify your makeup collection. Having a smaller makeup collection, made up of essential beauty products can make your life so much easier.
In creating this kind of makeup collection, you’ll need to remember two things:
- First, find storage for your products. Whether it’s a bag or a drawer, you’ll need a dedicated place where you can easily store and retrieve your makeup.
- And second, minimal doesn’t mean having only one of each type of product. Remember, this is your entire collection. Options are important so you can manage your look depending on your mood, the season, time of day, and occasion.
With this in mind, take a look at this quick selection that can help get you started on your modified, minimalist beauty collection. As always, you can see more details about why I chose each product in the video below the post. I also discuss brushes and a few additional products in the video too, so be sure to watch the video at the end of this post!
Choose different types of foundations with different finishes and coverage levels, so you’re prepared for any event that arises.
- Skinlike & Glowy: URBAN DECAY Hydromaniac Glowy Tinted Hydrator Foundation
- Skinlike, long-wearing & shine-controlling: BOBBI BROWN Skin Long-Wear Fluid Powder Foundation
- Skinlike, buildable, versatile finish: DIOR BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation
- Powder foundation: FENTY BEAUTY Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Powder Foundation
You can find my foundation shades in this post.
PRIMERS & SPRAYS
- Daily: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (smoothing & repels water – great if you’re in a hot, humid climate!)
- Mattifying: Shiseido WASO Poreless Matte Primer
- Hydrating: Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray
- BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Correct Concealer (I use Peach to correct my dark circles)
- TARTE Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector
You can find my concealer shades in this post:
- Finishing: BECCA Light Shifter Finishing Veil Setting Powder
- Setting: FLOWER BEAUTY Light Illusion Powder
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Waterproof Mascara
- Lancôme Lash Idôle Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Mascara
- Bite Beauty Upswing Full Volume Mascara
- NATASHA DENONA Mini Zendo Palette
- NATASHA DENONA Glam Palette
- Tarte Tartelette Juicy Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner
- CHANEL Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue Liquid Lip Colour
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick 2
- BECCA Ultimate Lipstick Love
I hope this helps you mix and match your own products to create a collection uniquely suited for your daily needs. Will you be paring down your makeup collection?
For More Details Watch the Full Video:
PRODUCTS SHOWN (and mentioned)
ALSO ON ME + IN MY OFFICE
Lash Clusters (1 small + 1 med on outer 3rd of each eye)
Framed Art: Cat Girl
Wall Paint: BM Wythe Blue
All Rights Reserved © 2021, Stephanie Marie, LLC
I occasionally am sent products for my consideration & sometimes use affiliate links to make research & shopping convenient for you. This doesn’t increase product cost & helps support my channel and platforms so I can keep reviewing the products you want to see. If you shop through these links thank you so much for your support!