My post on How White Women Can Fight Racism Right Now was getting rather lengthy. I thought it would be best to put these Black owned beauty brands in a separate post.
Here’s a lengthy, comprehensive list of some Black owned beauty brands to check out. Please let me know in the comments of any that I missed! I will be updating, so be sure to check back periodically!
- Aba Love Apothecary: Plant-based organic skincare and healing aromatics
- Beauty Bakerie: A cruelty-free company with fun baking and dessert themed cosmetics.
- Blade and Bloom: 100% natural, plant-based, unique skincare products that tell a story…in modern, sustainable packaging.
- BLK + GRN: A one-stop-shop marketplace by all Black artisans for Black-owned natural products
- Boyface: Clean, fresh anti-aging skincare for men.
- Briogeo: One of my FAVORITE hair brands that offers quality, high-performance, naturally based, hair care delivers visible results.
- Chris Collins: A niche fragrance brand with three distinct scents for the sophisticated consumer who appreciates fine, exclusive things and experiences in life.
- Coloured Raine: A stand-out cosmetics line that includes shades for people of color
- Cream and Coco: Artisan Hair & Body products
- DALYNN Cosmetics: A cosmetics line for the fashion and beauty conscious woman
- Danessa Myricks Beauty: A pro makeup artist who designs every formula to be used in multiple ways on a wide range of skin tones.
- Emolyne Cosmetics: Elegant yet affordable makeup
- EveryHue Beauty: Available at Target. Created by Gizelle Bryant of Bravo’s Real Housewives of Potomac and pro makeup artist Karlene Damallie. Designed to appeal to all skin tones.
- Fenty Beauty: Rihanna + Makeup. Enough said.
- Garner’s Garden: 100% Natural Skincare
- GlōGirl Cosmetics: A new day of beauty where the possibilities are limitless.
- Golde: Makes natural, easy, and fun superfood-boosted health and beauty essentials.
- Hyper Skin: Their vitamin C serum with its blend of effective, clean and natural ingredients is designed to brighten skin, smooth texture and drastically treat hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- Iman Cosmetics: The cosmetics line of the former supermodel, and muse of designers Gianni Versace, Halston, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, and Yves Saint Laurent.
- Joséphine Cosmetics: Cruelty-free, natural, effective beauty products
- Joy Lorraine Cosmetics: High-end quality cosmetics without the high-end price for all women, especially for women with deeper skin tones.
- Juvia’s Place: Bold Makeup, inspired by the vibrancy of Africa.
- Klarity Cosmetics: A vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics line, with fresh handmade products
- Klur.co: An independent, self-funded, woman-owned and operated company that provides clean minimal skincare.
- KNC Beauty: Natural lip and eye masks galore!
- Lauren Napier: This minimalist, makeup artist, and skincare enthusiast couldn’t find what she wanted in a makeup remover wipe, so she made it herself.
- Love Notes: Custom blended soy candles
- Marie Hunter Beauty: Cosmetics & home fragrances for the modern muse
- Mented Cosmetics: is specifically designed for women of color and has beauty products of all kinds to help every woman find the shade of nude that fits them perfectly.
- Movita Organics: Essential daily wellness for women
- Nyakio Beauty: Natural, globally sourced oils and skincare
- Oui the People: Efficacious, thoughtful, good products to help you feel amazing in your own skin.
- Pat McGrath Labs: Luxury beauty products from one of the world’s most influential makeup artists
- Pholk Beauty: Natural, vegan, affordable skincare created by Women of Color for Women of Color
- Plain Jane Beauty: Clean, organic, inclusive beauty for all shades
- Range Beauty: Clean Beauty for forgotten shades
- Rosen Skincare: A skincare brand that tackles acne on a personal level
- Sensual Candle Co.: A luxury candle brand that promotes sensuality, peace, and self-love
- Shani Darden: Simple & effective skincare products that A-listers swear by
- The Crayon Case: A cosmetic line dedicated to amateur makeup users.
- The Honey Pot: Natural, plant-based feminine care products
- The Lip Bar: Beauty solutions for the girl on the go
- Triple O Polish: Diversifying beauty in nail care
- Unsun Cosmetics: Clean, mineral, non-greasy tinted sunscreen
- Uoma Beauty: Fun and fearless beauty products of all kinds
FTC: This post is not sponsored. As always, ALL opinions are my own and are 100% honest!
All Rights Reserved © 2020, Stephanie Marie, LLC
Hello Shea Moisture IS NOT Black owned.
I’ve updated the post.
Just FYI but Give Me Glow Cosmetics is NOT black owned. I have seen many posts people thinking it is, but the owner replied in a commento to someone on their IG that they werent black owned.
Thank you for letting me know! I updated the post accordingly! 🙂
Loved this, thank you for always providing such interesting and good info!!
Great list! I will recommend my friends to have a look. Thanks for sharing.
Amazing. Thanks for this list and for your posts. Blog. Your words were so good ! Love ?
Thank you so much Louise!